We love yogurt for many reasons:
- High in Protein
- Packing a protein punch of between 9-17 grams per serving, typically, most yogurts are impressively nutritious.
- Large Variety
- There is such a large variety of yogurt these days to satisfy any craving, whether sweet or savory, whipped or creamy, frozen or drinkable, yum! Lactose free? Try a soy based yogurt!
- Delicious Healthy Snack
- Take a peek below at our list of snacks that include yogurt! Add yogurt to cereal or a parfait for a mid-morning snack, or top with fresh fruit and a drizzle of honey for a afternoon pick me up.
- Creamy Ingredient Substitute
- Don’t want to add all of that mayonaise a recipe calls for? No worries! Just swap out plain greek yogurt for mayonnaise and sour cream, as well as in homemade dips and dressings to increase protein and decrease saturated fat.
- Great Source of Calcium
- To learn more about the dairy food group and how much you need click here.
- Yes you can bring yogurt on your road trip! Check it out here.
Below we have compiled a list of some of our favorite signature recipes that incorporate yogurt that you will love!
Breakfast, Dessert and Snacks
Blueberry Lemon Cake Overnight Oats
Peaches n’ Cream Muesli
Creamy Spiced Pear Quesadilla
Trio of Frozen Greek Yogurt Pops
Dips and Sauces
Sweet White Bean Pumpkin Dip
Roasted Red Pepper Sauce
Honey Mustard Sauce
Lunch and Dinner
Healthy Broccoli Salad
Indian Inspired Vegetable and Barley Soup
Light Loaded Potato Soup (with hidden low carb veggies)