This recipe for grilled chicken is my ultimate go to! It’s such an easy marinade that is cost saving since it’s homemade. The vinegar gives the chicken the perfect tangy flavor and keeps it perfectly juicy. Crisp gala apples and feta cheese give this salad a perfect balance of sweet and salty. This recipe meets your 2 cups of vegetables recommended for the day, but feel free to add extra fresh veggies for more color, nutrients and volume!
Grilled Balsamic Chicken Salad
Makes about 4 servings
1 lb. chicken breast
8 cups Romaine or Spring Mix lettuce
1 red bell pepper, sliced
¼ c.feta cheese, crumbled
1 Gala apple, sliced
2 tbsp olive oil
½ c.balsamic vinegar
2 tbsp black pepper
½ tsp salt
Marinade for Chicken
2 c. balsamic vinegar
½ c.olive oil
- Combine chicken breasts and marinade ingredients into a gallon bag. Keep at the bottom of the fridge on a plate for a minimum of 2 hours to marinate, up to overnight
- Prep your grill and cook chicken on medium-high heat for about 10 minutes or until the internal temperature reaches 165 degrees
- While chicken is cooking, combine dressing ingredients in a bowl or bottle, set aside
- Combine your salad ingredients: Romaine/Spring mix, red pepper, feta and apples
- Top salad with sliced grilled chicken and salad dressing. Enjoy!
Serve this dinner salad with our Mini Strawberry Rhubarb Trifle as a dessert.
NOURISHING NUTRITION (per serving)
Calorie: 351 Fat (g): 12 g Sodium (mg): 470 mg Protein (g): 34 g Carbs (g): 21 g Fiber (g): 4 g