Pecan Crusted Chicken
by Jennifer Adsit, RD
2 skinless, boneless chicken breasts, butterflied
1 cup pecan halves
1 slice whole wheat bread
2 tbsp flour
2 tbsp skim milk
Optional Honey Mustard Sauce:
¼ cup dijon mustard
¼ cup nonfat plain greek yogurt
1 tbsp honey
¼ tsp cayenne pepper
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Coat baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Prepare breading assembly line:
- Bowl 1: Flour.
- Bowl 2: Combine egg and milk.
- Bowl 3: Finely chop pecan halves and bread in a food processor together.
- Dip chicken in flour, then egg mixture and finally the nut mixture.
- Bake for 30 minutes, carefully turning once halfway through.
- Optional sauce: Mix all ingredients together and drizzle Pecan Chicken with 2 tbsp honey mustard sauce.
Pairs nicely with a spring mix salad topped with berries, feta cheese and balsamic dressing.
NOURISHING NUTRITION (per serving)
Calories: 291 Fat (g): 21 Sodium (mg): 222 Protein (g): 18 Carbs (g): 10 Fiber (g): 3
Honey Mustard Sauce Nutrition (per serving)
Calories: 42 Fat (g): 1 Sodium (mg): 263 Protein (g): 3 Carbs (g): 6